|Five Nights at Freddy's 4|
|Engine||Clickteam Fusion 2.5|
|Year of release||July 23, 2015|
Five Nights at Freddy's 4 is an indie survival horror game. It is a sequel to Five Nights at Freddy's 3. Additional downloadable content was released on Halloween of October 31, 2015.
This time, the terror has followed you home.
In this last chapter of the Five Nights at Freddy's original story, you must once again defend yourself against Freddy Fazbear, Chica, Bonnie, Foxy, and even worse things that lurk in the shadows. Playing as a child whose role is yet unknown, you must safeguard yourself until 6am by watching the doors, as well as warding off unwanted creatures that may venture into your closet or onto the bed behind you.
You have only a flashlight to protect yourself. It will scare away things that may be creeping at the far end of the hallways, but be careful, and listen. If something has crept too close, then shining lights in its eyes will be your end.
- The game originally held "The Final Chapter" subtitle before officially dropping it on Steam.
- The game was initially intended to be released on October 31, 2015. It was later pushed forward to August 8. On July 21, a handful of YouTubers had received a demo of the game. On July 23, the full game was released on Steam.
- The silhouettes of some animatronics can be seen at the game's menu screen.
- Just like in previous games, Bonnie comes form the left side and Chica from the right.
- The warning message regarding loud noises, flashing lights and jumpscares appears after an animatronic, dubbed Nightmare, attacks the player.